Anthi Balafas joined Rockliffs Lawyers in April 2002.
Anthi holds the degrees of a Bachelor of Economics (1998) and a Bachelor of Laws (2000) from the University of Sydney and was admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales on 5th October 2001. Anthi is also a dually qualified lawyer in both Australia and England and Wales. Anthi had previously worked as a Solicitor in a small practice in Earlwood and participated in the Bilingual Pro – Bono Legal Task Force organised by the Greek Orthodox Community of New South Wales (a non-profit organisation).
Anthi is also fluent in Greek.
Anthi has experience in the following areas;
- General Civil Litigation – acting for individuals, corporations, insurers in a wide variety of matters including:-
- Commercial Litigation, common law negligence claims, insurance litigation, commercial transactions/disputes, trade practices and equity applications in all jurisdictions, including the Supreme Court, District Court, Local Court and the Industrial Relations Commission
- Family Law – including divorce, property settlement, children’s issues, de facto relationships law, child support and maintenance and binding financial agreements
- Employment Law – including Employment contracts and unfair dismissal claims
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Law and applications for winding up of companies
- Criminal Law
- Property Law – including both residential and commercial property transactions, leases, mortgages, sale and purchase of business, franchises
- Wills, Estate Planning and Probate – including preparation of wills and Family Provision Act claims
Outside of work, Anthi’s interests are reading literature, listening to classical music, bushwalking.