Rockliff Snelgrove Lawyers are excited to announce that one of our lawyers, Ms Anthi Balafas, has recently been appointed as an Accredited Specialist in Family Law by the Law Society of New South Wales. To become an Accredited Specialist, solicitors must pass a series of meticulous assessments in order to be recognised for their expertise in Family Law.
Anthi is a highly experienced, compassionate and strategic Family Lawyer who strives to provide the best possible outcomes for her clients after the breakdown of their relationships and assists them in an empathetic manner to rebuild their lives.
We are very proud that Anthi’s dedication and expertise in family law is also recognised by her peers and wish to congratulate her on this outstanding achievement.
Anthi holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Economics from the University of Sydney. Since her admission as a Lawyer in 2001, Anthi has predominately been practising in the area of family law. Throughout her career, Anthi has gained extensive experience in all facets of family law including the following:
- Property Settlements including the resolution of complex property disputes involving companies, trusts, partnerships, self-managed superannuation funds and other related entities as well as liaising with valuers, experts, forensic accountants and Counsel to ensure the clients’ property settlement outcomes are structured in a tax and cost-effective manner.
- Third party interests involved in property disputes of a separating couple such as parents, adult children, siblings, business partners, companies and creditors.
- Parenting disputes including residence (custody) disputes, interstate and overseas relocations, recovery of children, overseas travel, arrangements for school holidays.
- Children’s cases including matters involving allegations of family violence, sexual abuse, mental health issues, drug and alcohol addictions, parental alienation and protecting children from harm.
- International Abduction cases under the Hague Convention and specific issues relating to schooling, communication and behaviour of parents, placing the children’s names on the Airport Watchlist, issue of passports for children.
- Applications by grandparents to spend time and communicate with children.
- International financial and parenting disputes involving foreign jurisdictions including the United Kingdom, New Zealand, the United States of America, Singapore, Hong Kong, Greece and Italy.
- Resolution of property and parenting disputes involving de facto relationships as well as same-sex relationships.
- Advising and representing clients in spousal maintenance applications.
- Advising clients in child support matters, including Binding Child Support Agreements, departure applications for child support and assisting clients with the administrative process of child support.
- Divorce proceedings including complex cases with jurisdictional issues for international clients.
- Making urgent applications seeking injunctions including restraining orders to preserve property until the final hearing, appearing at interim hearings and final hearings as well as all acting for clients in all aspects of Full Court Family Law appeals in both property and parenting proceedings.
If you would like to get in touch with Anthi in relation to a family law matter, please contact us on 9299 4912 or alternatively send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org